Career Planning & Development Communications/PR Intern
The Communications/Public Relations Intern will support Career Planning and Development in strategically educating the UT Martin community about its services, programs and events. The intern will engage in the following activities:
- Develop and manage social media content schedule for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Launch and coordinate content for Snapchat
- Increase following and engagement on all social media platforms through strategic posts
- Schedule, video and edit “Meet the Staff” videos
- Schedule, video and edit “Student Success Stories” videos
- Contact community organizations to recruit to Skyhawk Talent Pipeline (informational interviews, job shadowing and internship) database
- Support staff in scheduling, planning and working outreach activities (e.g. canvas tables, Faculty Host & Listen Breakfasts)
- Complete Professional Development Track
- Excellent written communication skills, consistently using correct grammar
- Excellent oral communication skills, comfortable engaging with the public over the phone and in person
- Knowledgeable of social media best practices
- Working knowledge of utilizing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat for marketing purposes
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Working knowledge of video editing apps like Clips
- Ability to work independently to complete assigned tasks
- Open to increasing current skillset
- Strict commitment to confidentiality (confidentiality statement must be signed)
- Professional behavior
Career Competency Development
- Oral Communication: Intern will be able to confidently communicate with campus and community professionals and peers.
- Written Communication: Intern will be able to articulate thoughts and ideas clearly and effectively through social media and internal and external digital and print communication.
- Digital Technology: Student will be able to manage multiple social media account schedules and see growth in following based on use of best practices.
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving: Intern will be able to obtain, interpret and use knowledge, facts and data to solve problems with originality and inventiveness.
- Professionalism/Work Ethic: Intern will be able to demonstrate consistent workplace etiquette and the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities.